Introduction to Open Canvas Laser in San Luis Obispo. Dr. McLeod and Emerald, RN.
Just don’t call it a facial! We are excited to announce we have the Hydrafacial® in San Luis Obispo! Hydrafacial goes beyond a regular facial and cleanses skin while simultaneously suctioning out dead skin. It then infuses various serums to keep skin healthy. Just think carpet shampoo vacuum for your skin! Our wonderful esthetician Marissa customizes treatments to your skin-usually with ZO Skin Health and a nice relaxing facial massage. Learn more by calling our office at (805) 550-9007
- Exciting news! We are expanding our office! You might see some changes in the next few weeks as we are in transition. Please excuse our mess! We will be adding more treatment rooms for more convenience for our awesome patients. You will start to see extended hours and staff as well. We will be having a grand re-opening party late summer so stick around! We are still taking appointments in the process. Call to schedule 805-550-9007 #sanluisobispo#laseraesthetics#zoskinheath#sciton#picosure#tattooremoval#botox#fillers#skincare#halo#laserhairremoval
Botox is amazing. However it’s not the end all to wrinkles. Botox or Xeomin relax the muscles in your face so that you can no longer move some of the muscles. Wrinkles form with continuous muscle movement. At some point these wrinkles stay on your face without moving your muscles. These are called static wrinkles. Static wrinkles may need more then botox. This is where lasers or filler or sometimes both come in. At Open Canvas Laser Aesthetics we tailor treatments to match what you are looking for. Our medical skin treatments can address redness, sun damage, wrinkles, deep wrinkles, acne and acne scars. We have various modalities to address your concerns. Let us know how we can help! We love what we do and we love taking care of skin!
You heard right! Receive up to 3 months of FREE yoga classes with Spark Yoga here in San Luis Obispo, when you purchase a package of 6 Laser Hair Removal Treatments here at Open Canvas.
Inquire for more details. 805.550.9007
Fractional Laser Resurfacing VS. MicroNeedling
Why should I consider these treatments?
Collagen is a protein that fortifies the skin keeping it firm and smooth, helps the skin withstand damage and enables skin to heal and repair itself. The absence and deterioration of collagen is what makes skin look old and damaged. In turn, the presence and rejuvenation of collagen is what makes skin look young and healthy.
Both fractional lasers and needling devices create micro-injuries that promote skin healing and repair, and generates new collagen. This can be useful for the treatment conditions such as acne, scars, or simply to improve wrinkles and skin texture. Fractional lasers use light energy to produce this injury, while MicroNeedling utilizes a more mechanical method instead.
Fractional Laser Resurfacing
Fractional Laser Resurfacing is a non-ablative laser used to resurface the skin. The laser works by penetrating beneath the skin’s surface to the dermis, where it heats the tissue and initiates a healing process that forms new, healthy tissue. The treated area regenerates new collagen, improving the tone and texture of the treated skin, resulting in a fresher and more youthful skin tone.
MicroNeedling is a procedure that uses needles to create micro-channels in your skin without causing thermal injury to the surrounding tissue. Like lasers, Micro Needling relies on the skin’s natural healing ability. This results in the skin becoming firmer and regaining elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer and the overall condition of the skin is improved. MicroNeedling penetrates the skin less deeply than Fractional Laser Resurfacing. This means that micro needling is best for superficial skin conditions. It will cause less injury minimizing the amount of post-procedure redness, inflammation, and recovery time.
Both procedures lead to redness immediately at the completion of the treatment. You appear as if you have a sunburn. The redness persists for 24-48 hours in both cases, although it seems to resolve more quickly after the MicroNeedling than laser. There is more associated swelling with the laser treatment as well. In both case, makeup can be worn the next day to help camouflage these changes so no one will be any wiser.
Taking care of your skin is a life-long investment. Having all the knowledge that you can before committing to a skin procedure is beneficial to you and you will thank yourself later. If you are still unsure of what pathway is right for you, call our office to schedule a complimentary skin health consultation.
5 Benefits of receiving regular facials
Most people will wait until they encounter a skin concern (weird breakouts, dry itchy skin, dark spots, etc.) or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. While this is totally OK, these frustrating problems can often be prevented by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
Even with times being tough in this economy, and it’s undeniably smart to cut back on extraneous purchases, there are several reasons why a monthly facial is a good investment for the largest organ of your body.
1. A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level than washing your face at home. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help reduce the appearance of pore size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris. A professional Esthetician is trained to carefully extract any debris from the pore, without damaging or scarring your skin. Also, reduces the risk of infection, unlike picking at your skin at home.
2. The stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. As we age, this process slows down. Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin, encouraging cell renewal, and thus helps reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
3. Going in for regular Facials allows a professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home for your specific needs, and can tailor it to any changes.
4. Facials maintain any bigger procedures you may already have had (laser, IPL, deep chemical peels). Even though you have achieved great results by these advanced treatments, your skin still needs the regular maintenance to keep your skin looking great.
5. Your skin is the largest organ of elimination – acting as a barrier, protecting you from the elements and housing your organs. By taking good care of your skin you improve your overall health, not just your appearance. Estheticians provide a very important service in alerting you to serious skin problems that may need medical attention, and teaching you preventive care.
Facials are ideal every 4-6 weeks unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), and then you may need to come in for a series of treatments closer together. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Join us on our journey on our 12 days of Christmas, and enjoy some savings!
For today only, buy one ZO Skin Health product and receive one at 30% off!!
Call us with any questions 805.550.9007
What does it mean?
Skin Rejuvenation is a pretty broad term, so we hope to simplify it:
- Doing something to actively take care of your skin.
- Aims at anti-aging or cosmetic skin concerns (sun damage, redness, acne, wrinkles, scars…)
- Ranges from non-invasive to full on surgery.
- Procedures can be a “one & done” or involve a series.
- Ideally-think of it as a workout for your skin. Just as there are multiple ways you can workout your body: Running, Gym, Yoga, Weights, Cycling, etc. There are multiple ways to keep your skin looking young and healthy: Botox, lasers, medical grade skin care, fillers, microneedling, etc.
At Open Canvas Laser Aesthetics we value each patient and desire for them to maintain healthy skin. Every person is unique and therefore treatments are unique to that person. We tailor treatments to fit your lifestyle, downtime and desires. Because results matter and not everyone wants to just run on a treadmill and some don’t like the idea of botox… having options for anti-aging is exciting! We hope we can help!
Laser Tattoo Removal Education!
San Luis Obispo is a wonderful town! We are happy to be a family oriented business and provide skin care, facials, botox, laser skin rejuvenation, deep skin resurfacing, microneedling, prp, laser tattoo removal and laser hair removal to the central coast.