FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How long will it take to get results?
1. Most patients will require only a few treatments. We generally recommend 3-4 treatments with PicoSure or BBL, 1-2 with Halo.
Depending on your individual case, some people are satisfied after only one treatment session. Others may need additional sessions.
2. How does it work?
2. Pulses of laser light reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the aging support structure. Then the body’s natural healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and rebuilds it with fresh, new collagen and elastin—the crucial building blocks of smooth, youthful skin.
3.Am I a good candidate for this?
3. If you have sun spots, acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes, mouth, on any area of your body including face, hands, and arms you may be a good candidate for a laser revitalization treatment.
4. Why should I choose PicoSure, HALO or BBL over other treatments like IPL?
4. Open Canvas Laser prides it's self on having effective and safe laser technology. There a many laser companies, doctors, and dermatologists out there that say their lasers are the best. Technology does change rapidly and we strive to stay on top of the most effective and safest procedures for our patients.
5. How long will the results last?
5. If you start the journey of skin revitalization, use professional grade skin care products and stay protected from the sun- you will be well on your way to healthy beautiful skin, for the rest of your life. Healthy skin is based on a continuum of daily skin care, prevention, therapeutics and maintenance-this concept is based on world renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi. ZO Skin Health, inc.
6. What should I expect after a mild treatment?
Following treatment your skin may feel like it has slight sunburn. You may experience erythema (redness), edema (swelling), and some discomfort of the treated areas for several hours or up to 3 days post-treatment. You may experience some purpura (purpleish spots or patches) in treated areas, which would be expected to resolve within several days.
After treatment, your skin may appear slightly reddened which subsides rather quickly. Mild swelling may occur. You may use cold or ice packs, 10-minute intervals, as needed for comfort and to relieve swelling. Should swelling occur, application of an ice pack (10 minutes on, 10 minutes off) multiple times in the first 24 hours will help minimize the swelling.
Apply a gentle moisturizer immediately after treatment. Use a mild cleanser (such as Cetephil, Aquinil, or Dove) and a mild moisturizer after the treatment for a few days before resuming your normal skin routine.
If desired, you may use makeup on the treated area, as long as the skin is not broken, blistered, or irritated.
Avoid hot baths or showers, aerobic exercise, massage, harsh cleansers, or chemicals on the treated area for 48 hours following treatment.
We recommend you avoid air travel for 24 hours after your treatment. Care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated area for the first four or five days following treatment.
Avoid sun exposure to the treated area for 1 to 2 months following the treatment. Use a broad spectrum of sunblock of at least SPF 25 or higher at all times. Tanning after treatment sessions may enhance melanin regeneration, which may result in hyper-pigmentation or other side effects.
Rarely, a small blister or scab may form. If this occurs, call your doctor immediately. While waiting for his/her reply, perform gentle washing and apply antibiotic ointment (Bactracin, Polysporin, ect.) to the area unless you are allergic to these medications. Avoid sun exposure. Allow healing naturally, without irritation. Do not try to remove any scabbing.
San Luis Obispo is a wonderful town! We are happy to be a family oriented business and provide medical skin care, facials, botox, laser skin rejuvenation, deep skin resurfacing, microneedling, prp, laser tattoo removal and laser hair removal to the central coast.